Our school community's mental health and well-being is our top priority at this testing time. This page aims to provide you with links to services as well as the tips for how you can support your child and family at home. Whilst caring for others, it is important to ensure your own health and well-being needs are being met.
We are delighted to introduce our Home School Partnership Manager, Hailey Sellins, who will be on hand to help families with parenting support and general advice.
On these pages, you will find advice, guidance and links on how to look after yours and your family's mental health and well-being.
Online resources for Wellbeing
Below are some excellent online resources which you might find helpful during lockdown:
- Seven techniques for helping kids to keep calm (Concentrating, on things colouring, laughing, stretching) https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/joinin/seven-techniques-for-helping-kids-keep-calm
- 3 minute body scan meditation- CYP and parents. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihwcw_ofuME
- https://www.teachchildrenmeditation.com/resources-to-help-you-teach-kids-meditation-mindfulness/meditations-for-teens-kids/ videos, resources, free downloads.
- Mindful Warriors have been into St Marks a few times to teach their amazing Yoga classes. They have been lovely enough to share an online class with yoga teacher Geoff and his daughter Cora who will lead you through a short yoga class. Link to video - https://vimeo.com/409912180
- Cosmic kids yoga website. Videos, yoga and mindfulness in kids stories. 3 little bears, going on a bear hunt ect. https://www.cosmickids.com/
- Wind down with CBeebies Daydreams, an hour-long journey that focuses on the finer details of the world to help you relax. Voiced by Olivia Colman and music by Tom Jenkinson. https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p062glb7/daydreams-cbeebies-wind-down
Online Reading resources and Audio books
- Amazon audible bookshttps://stories.audible.com/start-listen
- Link to Brighton and Hove librarieshttps://new.brighton-hove.gov.uk/libraries-leisure-and-arts/libraries/use-our-free-online-resources
Online Resources to help you talk about Coronavirus
helps to support covid 19 discussions- illustrations asking all the questions children might have
how to talk to children about covid 19- script for parents