SUPPORT AND SERVICES
There are lots of links below to help you at this time.
Mental health and Well-Being
www.e-wellbeing.co.uk launched for young people in June!
Do you know a young person that is struggling with their wellbeing or mental health? Perhaps the pressure and anxiety, created by COVID-19, has exacerbated underlying issues? www.e-wellbeing.co.uk is a new website, delivered by YMCA DownsLink Group in partnership with Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, for young people in Sussex. It provides advice, support and a clear pathway to local services for any young person in need.
This website has been created in partnership with young people and encourages them to practice techniques to support their own mental health and reach out for professional support.
- Fegans is offering an amazing ‘Parent during a Pandemic’ parenting course. The course is completely free and offers you their expertise on helping your child to overcome fear, building relationships, mental health and making the most of your family time. You can complete the free course via this link: https://www.fegans.org.uk/parenting-in-a-pandemic/
- Family Learning Brighton and Hove have put together a collection of resources to help families with young children at this challenging time. They have simple maths, English, Art and Science ideas to try at home as well as wellbeing and mindfulness tops and links to local and national support services. You can access their resources and information by following this link: https://padlet.com/familylearningbrightonhove/9qclfsxx9yl9zd1w
- Charity Young Minds have a wide range of resources available for parents and families. If you have concerns for your child’s mental health, they have a range of resources, activities and advice to help you deal with your child’s anxieties. You can find all their information and resources by visiting this link: https://youngminds.org.uk/find-help/for-parents/parents-guide-to-support-a-z/parents-guide-to-support-anxiety/
- Charity Mind now have a section on their website dedicated to answering Covid 19 questions for young people. You can find their answers and further information by following this week: https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/for-children-and-young-people/coronavirus/coronavirus-and-your-wellbeing/
EAL family support
- For our EAL (English as an Additional Language) families, you can find all the Covid 19 information translated into over 70 languages here: https://www.covid19parenting.com/
Online safety for children while using devices at home
- Safety net have a wide range of resources and information on how to keep your children safe online. While in lockdown, usage of online devices has increased and its important to know how to keep your child safe while they are using the internet. For further safety information around internet usage during Covid 19, follow this link: https://www.safety-net.org.uk/news/online-safety-more-important-than-ever/
Online Resources to help you talk about Coronavirus
- NewsWise has great resources, activities, advice and tips on how to help families learn more about the news together. It helps provide appropriate news websites for children and helps them to engage with news in a safe way. You can download a resource pack for families and read more via this link: https://www.theguardian.com/newswise/2018/sep/17/tips-for-parents
- For help and support in having Covid 19 discussions, JKP has a great website that helps to support that conversation through illustrations and discussion, answering all those questions your child may have. You can visit this site via the following link: http://www.jkp.com/jkpblog/2020/03/i-have-a-question-about-coronavirus/
They also have great scripts for parents to use with their children and these can be found here: http://www.jkp.com/jkpblog/2020/03/talking-to-children-about-the-coronavirus/
Information for Brighton and Hove Residents
- For Brighton and Hove Council information regarding Covid 19 and key service changes that may affect you, you can visit the council website via the follow link: https://new.brighton-hove.gov.uk/coronavirus-covid-19
- To request help for yourself or a vulnerable person you know, you can visit the following website: https://new.brighton-hove.gov.uk/coronavirus-covid-19/request-help-yourself-or-someone-else
- If you have lost a loved one due to Covid 19, there are many services available to you to support you in this difficult time. Brighton and Hove council recommend Cruse Bereavement Care. Cruse Bereavement Care is a charity which offers free information and advice to anyone who has been affected by a death. They also provide emotional support and counselling on a one-to-one basis and in groups. For more information on the services available to you, please visit their website: https://www.cruse.org.uk/get-help/coronavirus-dealing-bereavement-and-grief