The St Mark's uniform supports our school's aspirational ethos and is an important part in raising standards for all pupils. We believe that a school in which the uniform is smart and consistent provides the opportunity for all pupils to stand out through their talents and abilities. Our full Uniform Policy can be viewed on our Policies page.
- White polo shirt (plain or school logo)
- St Mark's jumper, cardigan or fleece
- Plain grey or black trousers / skirts
- Plain grey or black shorts (Knee length)
- Blue & white check summer dress
- White PE T Shirt (plain or school logo)
- Black or navy PE shorts
- Plain black shoes with a low heel
- All shoes must cover toes and have a back or strap to protect heels
- Plan grey, black or white socks or tights
- Only stud earrings may be worn.
St Mark's is proud to have a wonderful partnership with a local organisation, Pelican Parcels, who provide free school uniform (including PE kit), new shoes and trainers for our children. For an order form, please email: email@example.com
Uniform may be purchased at Sussex Uniforms, 40 Blatchington Road, Hove, East Sussex. BN3 3YH 01444 227066
We also offer second hand uniform and this is on sale through the office and at school events eg PTA fairs.
We expect all children to wear our full school uniform every day.
- Families are responsible for ensuring children arrive at school with the appropriate uniform and equipment.
- Families are responsible for labelling all items of clothing that come into school.
Children not in Uniform
- The school is committed to working with families to ensure every child wears the correct uniform every day.
- We will speak or write to families where children come to school without the correct uniform.
Items from Home
We also request that children do not bring in toys, games and other collectables from home as a matter of course.
Hair & Make-Up
- Hair below shoulder length should be tied back. This helps stop the spread of head lice which are common amongst primary age children.
- Hair accessories should be in keeping with the school colours and should be practical rather than for show.
- Excessively styled or gelled hair is not permitted in school.
- Make-up and nail polish are not permitted in school.
- Jewellery must not to be worn to school.
- Children with pierced ears may wear one small, plain stud earring in each ear but these must be removed for P.E. Parents are responsible for making sure their child can remove their own earrings – teachers will not do this.
- We request that parents wait until the six week summer holiday to have their child’s ears pierced to allow appropriate time for healing. Where a child does have newly pierced ears they will be asked to cover these with a plaster for PE.
- Named PE bag that can be kept in school.
- House colour t shirt or white T shirt plain,
- Black/navy shorts or plain joggers for outdoor PE
- Trainers (for outdoor PE)
- No football kits or large logos to be worn